Friday, March 13, 2009

In Memory of my Dad... a simple cross...

So I finally got around to getting some pictures of the cross that we had placed in our church in memory of my Dad. We thought we would like for something permanant to be placed in the church in memory- and this cross is beautiful! (my pictures do not do it justice- trust me)- but you get the idea. The cross will stay in the sanctuary permanantly and will normally sit up in the baptistry (under the big wooden cross). But here are a few pictures. I think my Dad would feel honored and undeserving as he was never a flashy attention drawing person! My dad was the strong silent type- but this cross I think, is perfect for him.

Many people may not realize it but the circle with cross design is reflected elsewhere in the church. It is actually on the outside of the sanctuary above the pillars and front steps. Check it out if you happen by the church sometime! (Walnut Hills Baptist Church in Williamsburg, VA on Jamestown Road: www.whbconline.org)



No comments:

Post a Comment