Monday, March 30, 2009

Moments that take our breath away...

Corrolla Vacation...

So Zach and I went on vacation for a week to corrolla with his immediate family- most of whom have never been to the OBX as they are from Vermont. We had a great week with the family- lots of fun, tons of great food!, adventure, games, the beach, movies, puzzles, the hot tub
and one huge surprise!

Each night we all took turns making different meals for the family, Zach's immediate family is large- he has 5 siblings... and so we had lots of great food! (not to mention we had to experts in the cooking field with us, Zach's brother Justin who is an executive chef and Hannah's boyfriend Eric! Those meals were undoubtably the best we had although all the meals were wonderful!)
The weather was cool as the springtime is trying to make it's way into the East Coast this time of year, but the sunsets and sunrises were absolutely beautiful!
One morning Zach and I got up very early and headed out on the beach to watch the sunrise- it was breathtaking. We walked and talked for a long time until the sun began to really pop up just above the water on the horizon...I turned to Zach... and he was on one knee with an open ring box in his hand asking me to marry him! I was so surprised - the setting was perfect. I love the beach and Zach knows this- he wanted things to be perfect and he wanted to make a memory that we would never forget. The sunrise as a backdrop with the ocean beside us... we were the only two in the world as far as I was concerned! I said yes of course~ yet everytime I think of it it still takes my breath away. This moment I will never forget!

Here are some more pictures of our time at the beach... take a look and enjoy our little moment!











No comments:

Post a Comment